2011-03-20

Ah...the First Day of Spring

Yes! It is finally here, the first day of Spring! Which usually means that people will become less crabby since the colder weather is starting to move further behind us and there may be a chance of one or two days of snow that will melt the same day it has fallen. Temperatures will slowly climb out of the lower 30's at night and already the days are getting longer.

Of course, this also means that as the snow melts and the grass and adjacent surfaces become more and more visible that it will soon become time to assess the damage of winter and get the long list started of various home repair/improvement items that will need to be done. I've already begun my list and it looks as though it will be quite the busy Spring when the temperatures start to level out enough that I don't feel the need to wear gloves and a stocking cap when I am outside.

There was not much done though on this first day of Spring as it has pretty much rained all day. I don't mind the rain, heck, I don't mind the snow either, so I am fine with either. The rain just tells me that we're warming up and the cold days of Winter will soon be gone. In a way I will miss having to shovel the driveway and starting up the snowblower to make short work of this long driveway we have, but then again, it is a season and it will return soon enough.

So happy first day of Spring!

No comments: